Today's alteration comes in the form of pleats. Once again, I'm starting with a button-up blouse that's too large for me now.
With the shirt right-side-out and laying flat on my ironing board, I pinched the fabric along a line about half an inch to an inch away from one of the darts. Then I folded the fabric over so that pinched line was now even with the dart. I pinned it in place and ran a line of top-stitching all the way down on top of the fold. I repeated this process on the other side of the dart. Then I repeated the process on either side of the other three darts (two in front, two in back).
With the body finished, I moved on the the sleeves. I cut off the cuff and then removed a chunk of sleeve to shorten them a bit. I did another little pleat on the outside of each sleeve (though I apparently forgot to take a picture of this). I top-stitched this little pleat as I did on the body of the shirt, then reattached my cut-off cuff to my newly-abbreviated sleeve.
My new top has a bit of a corset-y vibe, the way it's super fitted at the waist and abruptly flares out at the bust and hips. I think it's kind of interesting.
That's all for today! I wonder what I'll come up with next...