As I continued to lose weight and the butt (of the pants, I mean) started to sag, I took them in. As the intentional distressing unintentionally progressed, I refashioned them into the perfect cut-off denim skirt. And just as the jeans had done before it, the skirt easily fell into the regular rotation and became a favorite again last spring and summer.
I took some risks with this outfit - things I never would have tried before joining the TST girls.
1. Skirts in winter - As it turns out, tights really can keep your legs fairly warm. Added bonus: no need to shave!
2. Black and brown - I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually really like the combo.
3. Mixing prints - We're taking it slow with just two prints at a time, but I'm getting more comfortable with the idea at least.
4. Purple and gold - I was afraid it might come off a little too... royal? But I think it totally works.
5. Mustard - While I hate mustard the condiment, I love mustard the color. Unfortunately, it doesn't love me back. I've always avoided wearing it because of my skin's yellow undertones. Too much makes me looks jaundiced, but apparently just a hint is just fine.
Skirt: $5 thrifted + refashioned // Top: clothes swap + refashioned // Jacket: free + refashioned
Scarf: $1 thrifted // Leather Tesori boots: $16 thrifted // Tights: $5 Target clearance
And now is the time that I ask you to go see how the other TST bloggers have styled their favorite pants (or whatever). Just click their pics to pop over to their blogs, or click the TST icon in the middle to visit our Facebook page.