I began by trimming off about 6 inches at the closed end of the pillowcase. The remaining tube is going to be the body of my top.
I fold the tube in half length-wise and cute out armholes.
Next I hemmed the top edge of both the front and the back.
I put in a couple bust darts in the front so it wouldn't be quite so sack-like.
From the closed end remnant, I cut two strips about 1.5 inches wide.
I pressed the edges of these strips in toward the middle to create a binding.
And then I attached this binding to my armholes.
It wasn't until a little ways into this project that I noticed a thin spot in the fabric.
So I took some matching thread and a tiny scrap of fabric leftover from these pants, and patched the thin spot as best I could. Honestly, it's a tiny spot along one side where no one's even going to notice.
And now I can feel like a kid again in my adorable pink and purple pillowcase top!