Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Quick Fix

I made a couple tweaks to a top I've had for a while. The armholes were far too loose, and the length was all wrong for my abbreviated torso. I always felt like it made me look preggo. But the crochet detail and the ombre effect (orange!) were great.

I took in about an inch on each shoulder, then a little bit more under the arms as well. Then I ran a basting stitch about 6 inches up the inside of each side seam from the bottom hem, and gathered the fabric up. Goodbye peek-a-boo sleeves, and no more maternity vibe.

A simple solution to make this top wearable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment