Monday evening, I was so excited to be able to attend the semi-annual Echo Theatre Clothes Swap once again. And with good reason! I always come home with fabulous treasures, as well as ridiculous refashionables. This swap was no exception! Here's the list...
1. Tan Merona pencil skirt
2. Black & white pinstripe sleeveless blouse
3. New-with-tags white Jockey shape wear tank - I've never owned shape wear before, but we'll give it a go!
4. Black Merona pullover - This just needs some de-pilling.
5. Lavender polka dot Merona cardigan - also needs de-pilling
6. Dark purple Coincidence & Chance cap-sleeve sheer-back cardigan
7. Grey Merona yoga skirt
8. White Old Navy long sleeve tee - I've never seen a button-down tee with a collar and pockets before. Not sure if I'll wear this as is or refashion it.
9. Orange lace racer back tank - Although I'll be wearing something underneath this one, unlike Rosy. (Hussie!)
10. White Hanes hoodie - I make no guarantees that it will stay white for long. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a dye job in its future to cover stains.
11. Burgundy corduroy Loft pants - I may skinnify them. Or maybe not.
12. Light blue Mossimo boyfriend tee
13. Cream Moda International silk/cashmere cardigan
14. Purple Danskin tee
15. Brown Old Navy cardigan
16. Cream lace tee - Again with the me-wearing-something-under-this thing.
17. Purple Lands' End cardigan
18. Green Mossimo boyfriend tee
19. Blue Old Navy cardigan
20. Aqua suede Steve Madden wedges
21. Hot pink cut-out lace-up flats - These are more than a bit ridiculous, and I'm almost certain I will be refashioning them.
22. Tan suede Chadwick's blazer
23. Grey suede Utex Design blazer - This one is pretty dirty, particularly on one shoulder (from a purse strap maybe?). I'm going to try to have it cleaned. And hey, if that doesn't work, I've got some fabulous suede for refashioning!
The following have some strong potential, but just need a couple tweaks, or perhaps just mending.
24. Green Ralph Lauren boxy tee - unflattering as all get-out, but I adore the yoke detail. I think taking in the sides will perk it right up!
25. Orange Mossimo tee - It's hard to see in the photo, but there's a grease stain on the right side of the belly. I'm thinking of removing the sleeves and using them to make decorative little pockets or something like that to cover the stain.
26. Grey print Sonoma tank - I'm not digging the balloony thing, but I think nixing the elastic around the bottom edge will go a long way. Again, the yoke detailing is awesome!
27. Blue and black plaid shirt - Despite being labelled as a large, this guy won't button around my chest. I love the blue plaid though, so I'm going to wear it anyway, and just leave it unbuttoned with a tank underneath. However, there are a couple little straps on the back to cinch in the waist; I plan to remove those just to get them out of the way.
28. Lavender wool Loft cardigan - It has a hole in the lower back and a couple on one sleeve. I'm thinking of shortening both the waist and sleeves to remove the damaged parts.
29. Cream Old Navy cardigan - There are a couple holes under the embellishments. Not sure if the weight of them was just too much for the fabric, or if they got snagged on something and tore the holes. I have a couple ideas of how to fix this, but haven't settled on which route to take yet.
In addition to the above 29 wearable/near-wearable items, I also picked up some refashionables - 6 skirts, 3 dresses, 2 shirts, and 1 romper - for a grand total of 41 items. And all this for just a $20 entry fee and a few boxes of donated stuff my friends and I weren't wearing anymore.
I'm one of those people who gets cold easily, so the abundance of cardigans and jackets was a thrill. And the fact that there were actually shoes my size? Crazy! Now that everything's been washed, I can't wait to start wearing it all!