I relied on the stetchiness of the fabric far too much and couldn't get the resulting dress over my chest. It was awkward. So this failed project went back into the refash stash until I could figure out how to salvage it.
In the end, I decided to go simple and make a basic tank top. I used an existing top to trace the arm and neck holes.
I sewed the shoulder seams with wrong sides facing, then trimmed off the excess. Then I flipped them so the right sides were facing and sewed them again, encasing the raw edges within the seam.
Since I didn't have enough remaining fabric to make bias strips, I grabbed the leftover binding from my disco tank and got to pinning. Once sewn, the facing was pressed upward.
Lastly, it was folded over twice toward the inside, pinned, sewn, and pressed.
Et voila! I had to sneak in some backyard pics between thunderstorms. That's springtime in Texas for ya!
Sometimes, I like to dress head-to-toe in one color. Having a good bit of that color in my wardrobe certainly makes it easier too.
And here you can see the shock of purple in the facing, as well as the dress' original back slit.
Top: refashioned // Pants: $10 thrifted // Sandals: $5 Yerdle // Cinderella necklace: me-made // Knitting needle earrings: Etsy